Quote Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post
Actually, I don't know you and presume nothing. The "you" in my post was everyone who would rather argue than do something constructive. If you fit this description - then I am not sorry. I you do not - my sincere apologies.
My apologies as well. Because you opened by quoting my post I assumed that you were directing your reply to me alone.

Not only have I been spouting off my dire prediction of doom for awhile, I have actually tired to do something about it. Believe me, any attempts to self-regulate in this industry have fallen on deaf ears.
Again, my apologies. I went off a little half cocked. I have just heard so many people spout the Cassandra line that right now I figure anyone saying "I have seen it coming" is just one more on the list.

Go ask PIJAC about how they are being rewarded by the Reptile Nation for trying to be proactive and kick-start some self-regulation. It has been met with contempt and suspicion. There's a healthy tin-foil hat contingent in this hobby that refuses to take any responsibility for their actions and throws hissy-fits any time we try self-regulation and I am freaking sick of it.
I saw what happened with PIJAC and I still see it happening even now. It bothers me but beyond offering up my ideas to and supporting PIJAC and USARK I do not know what to do. I wish I knew why the word "regulation" is looked on with such contempt.

As to making legislation....well, I fear that we are incapable of coming to a consensus as a group. USARK's efforts in North Carolina attest to that. Many people in this hobby were miffed at what was legislated there. I think that we are doomed to have laws stuffed down our throats because we are so crappy at uniting and mobilizing - what's going on with AB 1122 in California is an embarrassing testament to that.
I would agree with you. And that is kind of what I was trying to get at. There is enough division in the community right now that we do not need more thrown at us by people without enough knowledge on the topic deciding what ought and ought not be done. That kind of behavior just widens the chasms within the community.