Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,104

0 members and 2,104 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,156
Threads: 248,597
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Lucasthesurf
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks

Re: Are websites worth the hassle?

Quote Originally Posted by zeion97 View Post
    I will say first, I just skimmed through this. Lol. Here's my opinion though.

Websites have both a downside and a upside, you yourself have very little.clutches, so a website could be more of a.loss for you then a gain, on the upside you would.most likely be able to.sell your snakes faster with a good website

I personally only buy from websites that are designed well and easy to navigate, this Is a general rule for me involving ANYTHING. I also always try to find reviews. In your case kingsnake could be a good place to Start, slowly build reputation And get reviews which will in turn make you look better.

But, this for me resides on a personal level, if you treat me, (your customer) with respect I will buy from you time and time again, even if you do have the occasional slip up.

In the end, the choice is yours, a website could be good, though Facebook could save you ALOT of time and energy, and may even work our better for you in the.long run. Whatever You choose I wish you luck!

~Zachary.
    Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the free website I set up on Zola. It'll be over a year before I have anything to sell, and I might make it a pay site at that time. I also set up something on Facebook. Pretty bare bones right now.
    Breeding Males: Clown het Pied and Lavender Albino
    Breeding Females: Two Pieds and a Lemon Blast Enchi ph Pied

http://piedplus.wordpress.com/ - My Website
    http://www.iherp.com/piedplus - Records/Feed & Breed

Thanks

Re: Are websites worth the hassle?

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn@SYR View Post
    If you don't plan on having more than a few clutches, I don't think you need more than a good Facebook page to sell well. Assuming you produce high quality animals, and can take good pics, Facebook has a tremendous reach.

I can't believe the kind of garbage dipped reptiles offered on Craigslist, I wouldn't consider animals from there.

Present yourself professionally on FB, and you should be fine without a specific website of your own.

Best of luck.
    I agree with Robyn on this one. I'll take it one step further by saying social media is the best way to reach new customers online. If you have a website, unless you are really good at the back end stuff, you may not appear in search engines. While if you are using Twitter, Facebook etc, your message is very easily accessible and most times unavoidable if people have you "liked" or connected.

There are even website design companies out there now that offer building "a professional Facebook page" for specific rates. What does that tell you about the impact of social media?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rorschach For This Useful Post:

piedplus (12-18-2011)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345