Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,950

2 members and 2,948 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,170
Threads: 248,600
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, viersa
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Morph ID discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Pythonfriend View Post
    i think freaky_frog may be on to something here.

as a cinnamon, it doesnt seem to make much sense. it looks more consistent if you assum that its a black pastel. that would at least explain the pattern. im still not sure if it explains the color.
    The colors will vary, I've seen BP look better than Cinni's and then I've seen them look almost normal except for the head. People just to just interchange the BP and Cinni name. Like Butter and Lesser or Sugar and Calico, Het Red and Green Pastel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pythonfriend View Post
    i think freaky_frog may be on to something here.

as a cinnamon, it doesnt seem to make much sense. it looks more consistent if you assum that its a black pastel. that would at least explain the pattern. im still not sure if it explains the color.
    They don't have connected lower side pattern blushing like cinnys and black pastels do. I honestly don't think the super will be the same, maybe just extra busy or something. The albino in the clutch is a male and I would hope to try breeding him back to the mother, but he was the runt of the clutch only 53g while the rest were 70-75g.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kenj620 View Post
    They don't have connected lower side pattern blushing like cinnys and black pastels do. I honestly don't think the super will be the same, maybe just extra busy or something. The albino in the clutch is a male and I would hope to try breeding him back to the mother, but he was the runt of the clutch only 53g while the rest were 70-75g.
    My question is you bought it as a Cinni Het albino. You've hatched out a classic Albino Cinni whats with the something extra, why can't it just be a good looking Cinni. They VARY, it doesn't have to have some "new" thing in it to be a little different.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    My question is you bought it as a Cinni Het albino. You've hatched out a classic Albino Cinni whats with the something extra, why can't it just be a good looking Cinni. They VARY, it doesn't have to have some "new" thing in it to be a little different.
    To me they dont look like cinnys; I have seen many cinnys, bred and produced cinnamons, and these really dont have any cinny characteristics. When I purchased her I didn't know much about the cinnamon morph but really liked her pattern and right now im just happy that she proved out het albino and I got some crazy looking snakes. I just dont want to call it cinnamon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    The colors will vary, I've seen BP look better than Cinni's and then I've seen them look almost normal except for the head. People just to just interchange the BP and Cinni name. Like Butter and Lesser or Sugar and Calico, Het Red and Green Pastel
    i dont buy that at all.

the thing is: people interchange butter and lesser because they are exactly the same thing. people interchange sugar and calico, here we dont know for sure if they are the same thing, but i say they are the same thing because all possible optics seem to be possible in both sugar and calico.

but cinnamon and black pastel are consistently different. they are allelic, and have similarities, but black pastel tweaks the pattern in ways that cinnamon does not. with black pastel, the pattern gets more busy, and you get dark spots or even dark lines within the patterning, cinnamons dont do that. cinnamon makes it darker, in the direction of dark brown, and tends to leave the pattern alone. some threads ago i read someone mentioning the possibility of creating a 5-stripe by combining tri-stripe and the right black pastel. there is no way you could do that or even conceive of it with cinnamon. final nail in the coffin: the super-forms look different. yes, both have the same genetic issues, but they consistently look different. super cinnamons are very dark brown (almost black) at the back, and towards the belly they go through different kinds of brown. super black pastels are very dark grey (almost black) at the back, and towards the belly they go through different stages of grey.

thats what caused my first reply, on page one. it was introduced to me as a cinnamon, and i looked at the pics, and i had a contradiction. its just not a cinnamon or at least not just a cinnamon. but it may be a black pastel. back when i made the first reply, i just somehow didnt have black pastel optics on the radar because it was introduced as a cinnamon. basically my brain just said "nay, that aint a cinny", and went from there, without making the connection to black pastel.

anyway, i now think that if you go for a super form of this, you are likely to get a super black pastel. but there still is the possibility that its something different and you get a different super form. the colors still confuse me.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pythonfriend For This Useful Post:

Kenj620 (03-18-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 971 Posts

looks like a Trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coldbloodaddict For This Useful Post:

Kenj620 (03-18-2014),qegalpal (03-19-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coldbloodaddict View Post
    looks like a Trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm pretty sure it's not trick it didn't seem to effect the pinstripe pattern too much on the hatchlings, and I've seen trick pins and they look crazy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12