Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,926

1 members and 2,925 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,154
Threads: 248,595
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GrantW
    Thanks

Canine tooth broke

My 14 week old pug puppy was biting my jeans and when I took a step back I broke her canine tooth (most of it) off. It did not bleed and she is still eating and chewing her toys fine and I cannot feel it with my finger.. the whole tooth is gone. At 14 weeks is this still a baby tooth? Should I worry about infection? I know a lot of people on here have dogs so any input is greatly appreciated. I feel horrible about this as it must have hurt. She is very mouthy and always chasing peoples shoes and pant legs.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    1.0 Pied

Sent from my Apple iPhone 5S

Thanks

Canine tooth broke

Sound like a baby tooth to me. How long have you had him? You can always call the people you got him from to check if he lost any teeth just to put your eemind at ease

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by 989josh; 06-01-2014 at 11:30 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 989josh For This Useful Post:

piedpython (06-01-2014)

Thanks

Re: Canine tooth broke

Quote Originally Posted by 989josh View Post
    Sound like a baby tooth to me. How long have you had him? You can always call the people you got him from to check if he lost any teeth just to put your eemind at ease

Sent from my iPhone
    Had her since she was 8 weeks. I will call the vet tomorrow because I read if a piece of tooth is still in the gums it will get infected. I always adopted, never had a puppy so I am new to this teeth falling out thing. I thought I stepped on her so I stepped up while she was biting my pants and I must of yanked it out.

1.0 Pied

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piedpython View Post
    Had her since she was 8 weeks. I will call the vet tomorrow because I read if a piece of tooth is still in the gums it will get infected. I always adopted, never had a puppy so I am new to this teeth falling out thing. I thought I stepped on her so I stepped up while she was biting my pants and I must of yanked it out.

I have a pound puppy(they say pug/hound mix) who is about 18-19 weeks and he lost three of his canines this week. The first couple of teeth came out at about 12 weeks. They may pull just to ease any pain but I wouldn't worry about it being an "adult" tooth. Most likely a baby tooth. Is it super sharp and skinny?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveySingle For This Useful Post:

piedpython (06-02-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SteveySingle View Post
    I have a pound puppy(they say pug/hound mix) who is about 18-19 weeks and he lost three of his canines this week. The first couple of teeth came out at about 12 weeks. They may pull just to ease any pain but I wouldn't worry about it being an "adult" tooth. Most likely a baby tooth. Is it super sharp and skinny?
    Yes it is she hasnt lost any yet so I assume its a baby tooth. I just feel bad I yanked it out by accident. I just dont want her to be in any pain and I cannot tell if she is.

1.0 Pied

Thanks
    If she is still eating and acting normal, she is fine. I have had pugs for several years now, from puppies to adults. Check and see if there are any retained bits of tooth that may not have fallen out already. If there is, and the area doesn't look red or swollen, it should just fall out pretty quick, but if it looks like there's some irritation to that area, a vet can take it out and hook you up with antibiotics.

Pugs are ruff and tumble puppies, other than their eye sockets, they're as durable as any other dog.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eramyl For This Useful Post:

piedpython (06-02-2014)