Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,597

0 members and 1,597 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,195
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Hot-Rod1088
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: grr....

Thanks
    Fortunately I do not have that problem, as my wife loves the snakes, she is the one who bought our pastel bp, so technically I guess you could she he is her snake, and she has her own crested gecko's that she is more into. I agree with Deb though, you can't "force" someone to like snakes, and there is no reason to expect her to, or get upset that she doesn't. Just enjoy them yourself if that is what makes you happy

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: grr....

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Why do people expect that their significant others should share the same passion, enthusiasm and love for snakes???

I am married (very happily married should I add) and my husband does not understand my passion, does not like snakes and never step a foot in the snake room.........and it does not bother me at all.

The bottom line it is MY passion I am not expecting him to like what I like or share my passion, just like he does not expect me to love what he loves.

Forcing your passion on someone will also never accomplish anything beside pushing them even further away.
    This. Have your hobby and respect your wife's views. It could be much worse. My mother thinks snakes are the devil on earth and hates them. She told me she would never live in my home with them. Your wife could be the same way but she tolerates them because she knows you like them. Instead of pushing her to try to like them, I would try to find ways to show her that you respect her views and find ways to keep the snakes away from her. If she wants to be involved she will make a move.

Registered User jasonmcgilvrey83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Why do people expect that their significant others should share the same passion, enthusiasm and love for snakes???

I am married (very happily married should I add) and my husband does not understand my passion, does not like snakes and never step a foot in the snake room.........and it does not bother me at all.

The bottom line it is MY passion I am not expecting him to like what I like or share my passion, just like he does not expect me to love what he loves.

Forcing your passion on someone will also never accomplish anything beside pushing them even further away.
    I'm not asking her to share my passion about snakes with me or even hold them. But to just support me in it and not down size me for liking it and saying that having snakes couldn't be a hobbie cause hobbies are like going to the gym or riding bikes. She in so many words that it's dumb for thinking of having snakes and breeding them can be a hobbie.

Thanks

My advice as a kid trying to convince my mother to get a reptile is, to just present a little presentation of what you are trying to achieve, and show her why you want to do this, and maybe some positives. I got my mother to say "ok" to getting a reptile because I made a little project on it. It always works better in a formal presentation for me. Dunno if the advice helped cuz im a kid, and not in the "adult world" yet, but I tried anyways lol. Good luck though.
    "The best darn derpy ninja there ever was."
    -Sir Hognose 2014

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12