Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,278

0 members and 1,278 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,162
Threads: 248,599
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Csr112
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help!

Thanks
    Is your snake in shed? I noticed the pink belly. Could it be with a feeder to large and shrinking skin she bruised inside?

Thanks

I hope the betadine helps

but I would still recommend a vet. I notice the marks are very regular, and equally spaced. If your heating tape loops back and forth across the shelf you got hot spots under the snake. The thermostat wouldn't pick that up and cut the power because the effect is too localized. I suspect that if you look, you will find the marks on the snake correspond to the placement of the tape. The width of the heating element will probably correspond to the width of the marks. Other people have had pythons burned by UTH. Check out this thread, and look how similar your problem is. http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...n-death-s-door This snake is more badly burned than yours, but notice the burned scales are brown, and scale loss is evident.

To check for hotspots, move the snake to a new container. Cover the bottom of the old container with a thick bath towel for 60 minutes while the tape is on. Remove the towel and quickly scan the bottom of the enclosure with an infrared thermometer. I will bet you find hot spots.

David

Thanks
    sorry for the late reply,

thanks for the help, i have been keeping her on dry paper towels till about 4 days ago when i noticed she was going into her shed...

so yeah i had to bumb the humidity.

hoping the shed will go ok and that she will look better after the shed.
    YouTube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCue...yj1vBeeIUZVl2Q

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Since you can't get Neosporin in Holland, try Bactroban, or any Antibiotic ointment without the pain reliever.

Betadine is great for cleaning, and disinfecting, the A/B ointment keeps on working.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12