Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,068

3 members and 3,065 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Jcd5v (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,178
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, turntechgodhead

Thread: Shedding

Thanks

Shedding

Hello all, my ball has been in shed for about a week and a half and it is coming off in pieces. Her eye caps have not come off but the rest of her head had come off. Any one with ideas about how I can help her out? I heave increased the humidity in the enclosure already which has helped a little but I'm worried about the eye caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: Shedding

Get a tub and put a little water in the bottom, warm but not too hot, maybe a couple degrees above room temp and put the snake in there to soak for 15-20 min and some of it will probably start coming off, then take a wash cloth and get it wet with the water and put it in your hand and let the snake crawl through it and it should pull the rest off. As for the eye caps ive heard of people taking small tweezers to pull them off but im not so sure about that because its not like the snake is going to sit still and let you pick something off its eyes with tweezers but i do know it can be very bad to leave the eye caps on. Maybe somebody else can chime in about the best way to get the eye caps off but the soak and wet towel should take care of any skin left of the body

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk