Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,285

1 members and 2,284 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,198
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Binobenzo2466

Thread: Almost

Thanks

Almost

... I almost got this pretty snake...

http://bhb-reptiles.myshopify.com/co...nt=25183442120

I literally went through with purchasing but... I had second thoughts... then felt guilty...

Now I'm waiting to cancel my order. And I'm having guilt related anxiety over it.... it was super irresponsible of me... but I just... and... so pretty....

Herp Derp

Thanks
    Thanked 4,906 Times in 2,997 Posts

Almost

Interesting dilemma .... It's a cute Corn snake for sure ... but a hundred dollars plus postage ?

I wouldn't buy a snake offline , especially a Corn morph hatchling .... yah don't really know what you're getting until it actually turns up - it may be different in daylight and that's if the photo is off the same snake - plus you really have no idea what it's gonna look like as adult as you'll never know if the hets are correct .....

Id only ever by a breeder , where I can see the adults and the other hatchlings - especially for that price ..

Incidentally , not related but we can get TWO Tessera Corns for that price here in the UK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Zincubus; 11-06-2016 at 06:30 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

KingWheatley (11-06-2016)

Thanks

Re: Almost

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Interesting dilemma .... It's a cute Corn snake for sure ... but a hundred dollars plus postage ?

I wouldn't buy a snake offline , especially a Corn morph hatchling .... yah don't really know what you're getting until it actually turns up - it may be different in daylight and that's if the photo is off the same snake - plus you really have no idea what it's gonna look like as adult as you'll never know if the hets are correct .....

Id only ever by a breeder , where I can see the adults and the other hatchlings - especially for that price ..

Incidentally , not related but we can get TWO Tessera Corns for that price here in the UK

That website is of BHB. Which is Brian from snakebitesTV's shop who is a breeder :,)

Herp Derp

Thanks
    Thanked 4,906 Times in 2,997 Posts

Almost

Quote Originally Posted by KingWheatley View Post
    That website is of BHB. Which is Brian from snakebitesTV's shop who is a breeder :,)

Herp Derp
    Sorry ... meant local breeder , where you can have a look at all the clutch and parents etc

If you can get into the place and have a closer look then that's a different matter .

Last edited by Zincubus; 11-06-2016 at 08:45 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingWheatley View Post
    ... I almost got this pretty snake...

http://bhb-reptiles.myshopify.com/co...nt=25183442120

I literally went through with purchasing but... I had second thoughts... then felt guilty...

Now I'm waiting to cancel my order. And I'm having guilt related anxiety over it.... it was super irresponsible of me... but I just... and... so pretty....

Herp Derp
    As you should. Impulse buying an animal is irresponsible (as you're well aware) and is certainly no way to make your name as a reputable buyer or seller. With your doubts you're making the right decision, but that decision should have been made well before finalizing a purchase when an animal's well-being is hanging in the balance.
    Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Alan For This Useful Post:

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Though that corn would probably be better for you.
    Almost everything is easier with them and they don't stress as easily.
    Agreed that you could probably find one at a show for close to half of that AND without the shipping but you also picked a good breeder to purchase from.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

Fraido (11-06-2016),KingWheatley (11-06-2016),PokeyTheNinja (11-06-2016)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Having both corns and bp's... corns are much easier and more forgiving of mistakes. They eat easier and aren't pet rocks (but pet rocks are soooooo cute). $100 for that morph isn't unreasonable, and you are assured of what it's eating, and how many meals... Most of my corns have come from Don at South Mountain Reptile, actual pictures in the surplus section, never had a single problem, hatchlings come with a guarantee of what they will look like as adults... He's a great guy and every single snake I've gotten from him is an easy handler. I actually have 3 hatchlings of various morphs on preorder with him. And he answers all my emails.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DLena For This Useful Post:

Dahliasmom (11-07-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Alan View Post
    As you should. Impulse buying an animal is irresponsible (as you're well aware) and is certainly no way to make your name as a reputable buyer or seller. With your doubts you're making the right decision, but that decision should have been made well before finalizing a purchase when an animal's well-being is hanging in the balance.
    Unfortunately, this was a delirious decision made while starting my 3rd 16 hour shift back to back. I literally had no money for this purchase and no preparation. Was a literal "ohhhhh that's pretty!" [buy].

Although, this is not without its literal consequences. As I have to pick up my big girl pants, do that right thing and cancel the transaction. I know Brian will 100% understand, but at the same time I don't know how much traffic he gets. I may have burned that customer bridge for that irresponsible move.

Herp Derp

Thanks

Baby corns are fast little shoelaces! Pretty baby.