Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,051

0 members and 2,051 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,162
Threads: 248,599
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Csr112
    Thanks

Unhappy Worried about Hatchling

First let me say Hello I joined a while ago and have been learking and doing tons of reading Sadly though now i need to post as i need some help whats been happening with this clutch. ....I have had my first clutch of a small eggs one being a boob egg. Temp was 88 and humidity 99%. boob egg pipped first at day 57 so i cut (please dont scold me i have done tons of reading and due to these issues i dont think i will every cut again unless absolutly neccessary ). The next morning i woke up to him completly out of egg very very limp could barely see heart beat. The next morning stiff as board Meanwhile other 2 eggs pipped so cut a day later when heads were not out. I found another one dead in egg I dont understand whats going on everything was all going well! veins and everything has been great. So now this 3rd and last little one i am petrified for. Day 60 yesterday came out of egg. still had a bit of yoke attached. I put him in deli cup moist paper towel and he has been moving a bit and this morning to my happy surprise (My Bday) he was still alive and most of yoke absorbed maybe about a dime size left. However i have noticed now that he is taking very deep breaths probably every 30sec to 1 min. he wasnt doing this previously. is this normal? Am i being to paranoid? I have a small clip i will see if i can get it to upload lol

Thanks
    I think I am all set. I got some help from a breeder friend He/she has now consumed about 95% of yoke. yay appears to be doing a bit better now!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tanyat For This Useful Post:

dr del (09-04-2017),moonlightgdess (09-08-2017)

Thanks
    Today he/she is doing well. Is weighing in at 50g such a tiny thing. There is still has a bit of cord left. it has been 48hrs. Will this dry and fall off?

Also whats the best way to share photos? I have tried adding from photobucket, google pictures, straight from computer and copy and paste. I cant seem to get them to show up

Thanks

Thanks
    Another update it fell off

Thanks

Re: Worried about Hatchling

I am so sorry for your loss of the first few babies but at least you have one happy, healthy little guy!

I really wish you better luck with breeding in the future. I wish I could give insite on what went wrong but I'm afraid I dont have much experience myself on the subject.

Anyways, congrats and the beautiful baby!

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluuWolf For This Useful Post:

GpBp (09-14-2017),Tanyat (09-06-2017)