Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,468

1 members and 2,467 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Aag2019 (31)

» Stats

Members: 75,202
Threads: 248,610
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, CUGrad99

Hybrid View

Thanks

Re: Hognose rubbing despite husbandry being Okay?

I use the aspen snake bedding while terrible for bps I find it works well for hoggies,

Is there supposed to be a different temp variation for not breeding season? That's healthy for the hoggies i cant seem to find any decently reliable information from googling and the only channel on YouTube I know for hoggies is snake discovery.

Maybe I'll check thier channel again.

Yes, I have a mixture of genders, but if I recall correctly, the active one should be a female I must of put "him" by mistake/reflexive habit.

I also have some extra cork bark pieces so maybe I'll put some of those down.

Would lighting maybe be a cause? The rack is enclosed with acception of the front which I have facing a window a recently put some covers around to reduce heat and glare off of screens in the room.

There also seems to be no pattern to it...maybe I'll just get this one a terrarium they fit the smaller exo terras pretty comfortably don't they?

Also thanks for the help I at least have some more things to try to limit or reduce the rubbing.

Sorry if this is a mess of a post writing jt on mobile...
    Last edited by VereMyth; 01-30-2021 at 12:45 AM.

Thanks
    Thank you, I'll make adjust the lighting maybe get some led strips around the rack on timer

Thanks
    Thank you, this settles it,

I'll see about getting a larger enclosure the others are pretty happy so I'll leave them there,

only this one seems to be the active rubber, gonna have to make a shelf and everything for the enclosure lol.

In the meantime maybe adding some more things to push around in the enclosure Will keep her occupied.

Thanks both of you, I was honestly a bit stumped because she behaves so differently than the other hoggies I have.