Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,254

1 members and 2,253 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

D3rv (47)

» Stats

Members: 75,202
Threads: 248,612
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, CUGrad99

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 19,955 Times in 11,924 Posts

Re: My first baby snake!

Quote Originally Posted by TayKiren View Post
    Thank you! Yeah, tomorrow I'm doing a full clean and throwing out his wooden hide. Luckily that's the only thing porous in his enclosure since it's his "baby cage" and I didn't want to buy a bunch of fancy stuff that he would outgrow. I have heard some things about ivermectin, so I'm thinking of just using it on the cage (rinsing afterward) and then the spray for his body. I did ask about the possible harmful effects and was told that they use it all the time with no problems. I'll probably just stick with the Natural Chemistry spray unless I don't find it to be working. I'll give him a quick soak for now since I don't want to stress him out too much knowing what's in store tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
    So how did you find out he has mites- are you seeing many? Make sure he has a water bowl (now!) that's big enough for him to soak in, but don't put soap in that- you don't want him drinking water with even a bit of soap in (it will upset his tummy!). Many snakes with mites will automatically soak for relief. Poor little guy! (Ivermectin is used various ways- injectable etc) I wouldn't worry about "stressing him out now" (ahead of tomorrow) by giving a more effective soak because the more mites he has, that's worse than any soak. Just do it- he's too little & he's probably had them for quite a while now- they're hard to see, & always more plentiful than you realize. Please don't under-estimate mites.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 05-14-2021 at 01:09 AM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)