Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
It's most likely due to what the rats have been fed, & I doubt it's anything to worry about. You might hold off for a bit on the move, just to see if anything changes? But from his behavior, he doesn't sound ill, though snakes are also very good at being stoic & hiding symptoms. And that green color is pretty faint from what I can see.

Here's just an example: Have you ever seen those bags of very colorful (artificially colored) mixed grains sold for hamsters? Maybe PetSmart had some damaged or open bags & gave a discount to the breeder of the rats? What goes in the rats eventually comes out of your snake. Also, many rodent breeders just feed cheap dog chow to their rodents- & dog chow has all sorts of food dyes & other ingredients that are not intended or good for feeding rodents. Rats will eat whatever they can reach, even if it's green colored cardboard. This is why I've always felt better raising my own rodents- but unless you have a LOT of snakes, it's not cost or time effective.
That's a relief. I'll keep an eye on his behaviour until I feel confident enough to move him into his new tank. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk