Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,783

0 members and 1,783 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kam (43)
meganp (24)

» Stats

Members: 75,155
Threads: 248,596
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Upstream Morphs
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Very rare must see boa for sale

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ
    These get nowhere near the size of common BCI. This is a female 2005 animal and she is just a hair bigger than a baby common BCI. Do not confuse these with Colombian BCI or any of the BCC species. Even a Hog Island boa will get larger than these.

She also eats large prey items like a pig.
    Here she is eating an adult mouse.

A lone female is very hard to find. I have the 1.1 pair available but no one seemed to be interested in the price for both so I decided to see if there would be any interest in listing a single animal.
    Thanks Steve and Rapture for explaining to me. So, what is the average length of adult dwarfs?

And she's beautiful, by the way!

Thanks

From what I have seen with this pair, based upon their eating habits and how fast they are growing, I would say about 4-5 feet max and thinner than a ball python. They are 18 months old now and the male who is the larger of the two, since he eats 2 mice a week (garbage disposal LOL), is just over 3 feet. The problem with this specific type of BCI is that only a few people have them (or have even heard of them) and they have only beed bred in captivity once so far so it's hard to say for certain.

These were going to be a breeding project for me but with so many animals I am cutting back a bit. Who knows, if they don't sell, I may just try and breed these next year and see what happens.

Thanks

If you do keep and breed them, I'll keep my eyes peeled on that project. When we have more space and I have my beauties situated, I'm definitely getting myself a dwarf boa or two (if two, definitely a project). Either a Bluefields if they're still available or a Caulker Cay if they're not. They're gorgeous, such a great size, and it sounds like good temperments too in both cases! The plan is to get my talons on a dwarf boa before I get my first bp morph further down the road.
    ~Sheree~

Because Snakes are Beautiful!
    http://www.bluegorgon.com/

4.1 snakes so far (Gomez, Falkor, Ma-tsu, Neptune, Irwin)
    2.1 house rabbits (Daphne, Bowie, Unut)
    0.1 Jeweled Lacerta (Dana)
    In loving memory of Cleo
    1989-2007

Thanks

Pardon my ignorance, but would the requirements for keeping these snakes be moderately similar to keeping a bal python?

also, are they availible in the general market from breeders?

Thank you, Black.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Black
    Pardon my ignorance, but would the requirements for keeping these snakes be moderately similar to keeping a bal python?
    Not really. The heat and humidity requirements a bit different. These like it warmer and more humid that common BCI. With a BP you can raise the humidity before a shed. These like it higher all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Black
    are they availible in the general market from breeders?
    Only 32 were ever made available. I only know of one other person who has a pair they will part with. Everyone else I know who bought the original 32 will not sell them and are planning on breeding them. When word got out that these were available, a lot of people bought several pairs. I really don't expect to see any babies of these in the open market until maybe late 2007 or early 2008. And then it will most likely only be in limited numbers since it was only about 9 or 10 people bought them up.

Once these become more well known. Look out. They have the outgoing personality of a boa, are docile, and stay under the 6 foot law that most places are passing lately. Basically anyone who wants a boa but doesn't want to deal with the size will have an alternative.

Very few dwarf boas are available and these are the only locale specific Nic ever. They come from the opposite side of the island than the common Nics you see advertised. (In my opinion they are more closely related to Costa Ricans than Nicaraguans since they come from that side and the pattern and color more closely resembles Costa Ricans than typical Nics.)

Heck, after writing that, I think I am going to breed them myself.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Not really. The heat and humidity requirements a bit different. These like it warmer and more humid that common BCI. With a BP you can raise the humidity before a shed. These like it higher all the time.

Only 32 were ever made available. I only know of one other person who has a pair they will part with. Everyone else I know who bought the original 32 will not sell them and are planning on breeding them. When word got out that these were available, a lot of people bought several pairs. I really don't expect to see any babies of these in the open market until maybe late 2007 or early 2008. And then it will most likely only be in limited numbers since it was only about 9 or 10 people bought them up.

Once these become more well known. Look out. They have the outgoing personality of a boa, are docile, and stay under the 6 foot law that most places are passing lately. Basically anyone who wants a boa but doesn't want to deal with the size will have an alternative.

Very few dwarf boas are available and these are the only locale specific Nic ever. They come from the opposite side of the island than the common Nics you see advertised. (In my opinion they are more closely related to Costa Ricans than Nicaraguans since they come from that side and the pattern and color more closely resembles Costa Ricans than typical Nics.)

Heck, after writing that, I think I am going to breed them myself.
    Steve,i told you you would be crazy if you were to sell these lol.Now pull these ads before i find a way to buy them lol.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

OMG! Joe is making sense! What is the world coming too?

I think you're right. After explaining about these I'm beginning to wonder what I was thinking by listing them. They don't take up much room so I guess I'll just end up keeping them and being one of the first group of people to ever breed these in captivity (only 1 person has done it so far ).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

OMG! Joe is making sense! What is the world coming too?

I think you're right. After explaining about these I'm beginning to wonder what I was thinking by listing them. They don't take up much room so I guess I'll just end up keeping them and being one of the first group of people to ever breed these in captivity (only 1 person has done it so far ).
    Awwwwwww now that hurts .Beware as payback is a (fill in word here) .Watch your mail as you now have a ROCK coming your way
    Joe Haggard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12