Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,635

2 members and 2,633 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kam (43)
meganp (24)

» Stats

Members: 75,154
Threads: 248,595
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GrantW
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: trade top of the line paintball gun for BP!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JBallPython
    I know earlier in the thread I said to email or PM pictures for someone interested (which would still be the case because he's not allowed to post pictures)...but I'm really curious to why pictures of a paintball gun are not allowed in this thread.

I've read a thread where there were pictures of real guns and there weren't any issues with the participants posting them... I'm not trying to be antagonistic but it seems to me that this is a little hypocritical. I don't see that he is breaking the TOS, just trying to provide a picture to possibly bring interest in the paintball gun.

Mods feel free to address me in PM if you don't want to post it publicly, and delete my post if need be.

-Jason
    It's not that we have anything against guns...or pictures of members holding a gun that they legally own. But recently, because the issue came up, the staff decided that SELLING guns was not something we needed to allow on BP.net.

However, we realize there is a bit of a "gray" area with things like BB guns and paintball guns...so the ads can stay, but the thread should keep a "low profile" and not contain pictures of weapons for sale. The seller may send PM's with any pics and info they wish to interested parties.

I'm not going to get into a long, public debate about every choice we make here...but if anyone feels the need for more clarification on the matter, I'll be happy to take the matter up in PM's.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Thumbs down Re: trade top of the line paintball gun for BP!!!!!!!!

hi i agree there was a tread with real gun pics and a paintball gum is really called a marker not gun

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet
    Aleesha, when she moved this thread to the for sale section expressly asked that you not post pictures in the thread of the gun, which is why she removed it.

You are more than welcome to share pictures of what you are selling with interested parties in a private message!
    0.1 spider het ghost 1.1 het ghost 1.1 het pied
    0.1 spider ball python 1.0 het red
    2.0 pastel 1.0 mojave 1.0 Lesser
    1.0 het clown 0.22 normals
    1.0 boxer 0.0.1 red foot

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gncz73
    hi i agree there was a tread with real gun pics and a paintball gum is really called a marker not gun
    Please dont think i am being rude here.To the unknowing eye a gun looks like a gun no matter what it really is.Thats the reason some of these "guns",'markers" or "soft air" or whatever some call them are being banned from being allowed in some states.To a new user to see a "gun" for sell here could bring a TON of others posting REAL guns.Thats why i THINK thats the reason asking to NOT post any pics here.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

no 99% of paintball markers do not look like a real gun they look more like a brightly painted toy. airsoft are called guns and look like guns i understand that, but if they don't want any weapons to be posted on this sight thats fine but everything out there has been use as a weapon and i mean everthing. there was a guy last year that place a boa in a mailbox to scare the mailman and he is now in jail. that snake was use as a weapon. or how about a baseball bat that i have for sell that can and i use as a weapon so i can post any pics of that. ok i'm done with this tread it is makeing me sick to see people judging a sporting gear as weapon, next we will be told not to post a pic of your car because it can be used as a weapon. it never ends.

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons
    Please dont think i am being rude here.To the unknowing eye a gun looks like a gun no matter what it really is.Thats the reason some of these "guns",'markers" or "soft air" or whatever some call them are being banned from being allowed in some states.To a new user to see a "gun" for sell here could bring a TON of others posting REAL guns.Thats why i THINK thats the reason asking to NOT post any pics here.
    0.1 spider het ghost 1.1 het ghost 1.1 het pied
    0.1 spider ball python 1.0 het red
    2.0 pastel 1.0 mojave 1.0 Lesser
    1.0 het clown 0.22 normals
    1.0 boxer 0.0.1 red foot

Thanks

I'm sure it does bother you to see something you consider to be a tool of fun, to be called a weapon, I can dig that... but thats just the way it is.... I dont know how the laws work down there, but up here, a paintball "marker" and a 12 gauge shotgun are the exact same in the eyes of the law. If you shoot someone with a paintball "marker", you will get the exact same charge you would had you shot someone with a 12 gauge. If you are caught walking down the street with a paintball "marker" you will recieve the same penalty you would had you been walking down the street with a shotgun. Basically any gun related offenses are also applicable to paintball "markers". Now of course, things are probably different down there, but up here if it shoots something out of the end, it's a gun/weapon, period.

Thanks

this got outa control i just want a snake people lol and you are posed to provide me with one and i provide the GUN! yes i said it gun.... they are dangerous and fun but if not used in the right place it is considered assult with a deadly weapon and you do get charged so i understand... i just didnt know that there were rules to begin with thats all.. thanks now come on someone trade me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festae
    I'm sure it does bother you to see something you consider to be a tool of fun, to be called a weapon, I can dig that... but thats just the way it is.... I dont know how the laws work down there, but up here, a paintball "marker" and a 12 gauge shotgun are the exact same in the eyes of the law. If you shoot someone with a paintball "marker", you will get the exact same charge you would had you shot someone with a 12 gauge. If you are caught walking down the street with a paintball "marker" you will recieve the same penalty you would had you been walking down the street with a shotgun. Basically any gun related offenses are also applicable to paintball "markers". Now of course, things are probably different down there, but up here if it shoots something out of the end, it's a gun/weapon, period.
    Thank you Chris! We also had a group of kids going around driving and hitting people with these "marker" projectiles and guess what they are in jail in some serious trouble!Just for info purposes sling shots are also now considered a weapon.Sorry if the facts upset some but its the laws and they were made for a reason.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andwhy6
    this got outa control i just want a snake people lol and you are posed to provide me with one and i provide the GUN! yes i said it gun.... they are dangerous and fun but if not used in the right place it is considered assult with a deadly weapon and you do get charged so i understand... i just didnt know that there were rules to begin with thats all.. thanks now come on someone trade me
    I dont think its "out of control" its just stating the truth.Go ahead and walk down the street with one of these "marker" things and see what happens.Notice i did not say gun .
    Joe Haggard

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

joe i think he was attempting to ask everyone to stop this discussion and let him trade his 'item' for a snake. not that gun use is out of control. please take a deep breath and relax.

*hands everyone a cookie*
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC
    It's not that we have anything against guns...or pictures of members holding a gun that they legally own. But recently, because the issue came up, the staff decided that SELLING guns was not something we needed to allow on BP.net.

However, we realize there is a bit of a "gray" area with things like BB guns and paintball guns...so the ads can stay, but the thread should keep a "low profile" and not contain pictures of weapons for sale. The seller may send PM's with any pics and info they wish to interested parties.

I'm not going to get into a long, public debate about every choice we make here...but if anyone feels the need for more clarification on the matter, I'll be happy to take the matter up in PM's.
    Thanks for clearing it up Judy! I figured it had something to do with the sale of "guns" be it lethal or non-lethal. I appreciate the information!

-Jason
    Jason

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123