Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,384

8 members and 1,376 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,111
Threads: 248,549
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GhostyBoy29
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Unbelievable Pastel Gift!

I absolutely cannot believe this, and I'm still not sure if it's a blessing or curse...

As I was getting my weekly mouse for Nagini (and picking up a chance find of a pregnant mouse for my breeding efforts), and just talking with the store guys... a Chinese man came into the store with a young pastel BP in a keeper with two mice. Apparently, he didn't really know what he was doing, as the poor snake was huddled up on bare plastic (in snowy weather) and looked a bit dehydrated and miserable. The guys were busy, so I offered to look the snake over (through the box of course) He was so pretty, with the nicest pink coloring on his lower sides to accent the yellow. As I admired him, the man asked if I liked the snake. When I answered that I did, he said "Good, he's yours then." and walked out of the store...

So OMG... I was just given a rather interesting christmas present. I left him at the store with my friends so they could warm him up and see if he would eat, as well as watch for possible problems (RI being a big concern since he was so cold). If he turns out OK after the week, I'll bring him home to QT and set him up in the spare 10gal I have so he feels secure. Heh, now my practice of keeping lots of extra stuff pays off. I just have to order a simple t-stat and will keep him on an extra rheostat in the meantime.

And just the other day, Ari was saying that the only way he would let me have other snakes would be if they were opposite sex from my others for breeding! Talk about coincidence...

Comments? Suggestions? All are welcome.

OH, BTW... do you all think it would be alright to QT him in the walkin closet in the same room, but on the other side, as my other snakes if I kept the closet door closed? The bedroom, and especially that closet, is the only really warm room in the apartment...
    Last edited by Argentra; 12-10-2007 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Added question
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks

Re: Unbelievable Pastel Gift!

That's awesome!! Congrats!

Which store was it? Was it Scales N' Tails South? That's where I get my rats.

I don't know if you remember me, but I met you at the August Rocky Mountain Reptile Expo.
    Eric Wilson
    UltimateHerps
    www.ultimateherps.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

That's a real windfall!
    I'm a little paranoid myself, so I keep new snakes in a different room.
    Here's hoping that it's all healthy for you! And of course we want pictures when you get it!
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Hey, LGL...sure I remember you. And I go to the Scales'NTails North in Northglenn, 104th. But yep, it was there.

And I'm pretty paranoid myself, which is why I asked about the closet. Here in this apartment, when it comes to air flow, there really are no totally separate rooms unless you close the doors. The only other room, the office where the computers are, is utterly frigid so I couldn't keep a snake in there even with a t-stat...ambient would be 70. And the dinning room/living room has the chill from the patio doors and front door...and no real room. So I'm left with the closet in the bedroom which is about as separated as the rest of the place. I'm thinking if I keep the door shut (which would raise temps as well) and only handle him on days when the others are digesting, that should work. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

that's about as cool as if it just fell out of the sky and into your lap! hah. Grats on the new snake. doing the happy dance for ya

Thanks

Congrats on the free snake, I hope it is well. Please post some pics I would like to see this pastel.

Thanks

Congrats, pastels look awesome. I want one lol.
    ~Evan
    0.0.1 Normal BP - Hades

Thanks

Well, I have another thread going about his condition and progress, but here are the pix I took of the little guy before going into his new tank:

He's been moving around and such with no trouble, and using different parts of his tank. Only thing he hasn't done yet is find his hides. I get the feeling he's never had any before. But it's so far so good with him. Other updates will be posted in my other thread.

Thanks

The guy who had it before you probably didn't know how to take care of a snake. It looks great
    More pix! hehe
    ~Evan
    0.0.1 Normal BP - Hades

Registered User Venenito_X_Remedito's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow!

What an amazing gift, he's very handsome
    Congrats on your new Pastel!
    ~*Keeshia*~

Venenito~(Male Ball Python : Normal)

Remedito~(Male Ball Python : Normal)